Hawkins Point Partners is seeking a Technical Lead who will be responsible for managing, planning, organizing and controlling all operations and activities for a large IT project including any and all phases of its lifecycle while incorporating SDLC practices. The Technical Lead will be working with state and federal financial systems, i.e. MMARS and FMIS, TRAMS, so prior experience with these tools are highly preferred. This project encompasses several divisions across our client site and will be highly focused on capital funding of projects as well as simulations of various scenarios for budget and planning purposes.
The Technical Lead shall possess demonstrated experience with enterprise level vendor product solutions for capital planning, budget development, funds management, and project management. He/she needs to be able to understand complex technical scenarios and requirements and to effectively manage and overcome obstacles to progress and/or suggest alternative strategies and directions. He/she will ensure proper project management, create and maintain project plans, ensure that users and project team member roles and responsibilities are defined and documented, communicate project status (in terms of scope, budget, resources and schedule), promote use of PMI best practices and ensure the delivery of a product and/or solution that meets user/customer requirements. He/She will also be accountable for delivering project(s) on time, within budget, and with high quality.
- Knowledge of and prior experience with state and federal financial systems, i.e. MMARS and FMIS, TRAMS is a plus. This also includes financial planning systems that involve production and tracking of reports.
- Demonstrated experience managing vendor contracts and system implementations that involve many data source types, including system interfaces, MS Excel spreadsheets, and other disparate data sources.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.
- 10+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity.
- Demonstrated track record of success at delivering IT projects on time, within budget, and with high quality.
- PMP and CSM Certification helpful but not required.
- Demonstrated experience with various SDLC methodologies from Waterfall to Agile/Scrum.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and communicate with various project stakeholders including, IT leadership, business customers across divisions, team members, and other IT colleagues. This includes strong negotiation skills and having the ability with support of a Senior Level Business Analyst (BA) from client and the vendor to lead to an answer/process that is common across divisions as well as outlining any specifics by division.
- Knowledge and application of industry standard project management principles and methodologies delivered using various systems development life cycles.
- Strong familiarity with project management software and MS Office.
- Strong vendor management experience.
- Experience with organizational change management.
- Ability to define, manage, and exceed business customer expectations.
- Ability to work with the business in the creation of consistent standards and procedures and producing RACI’s that will supplement the process.
- Can operate at the macro level, driving large teams with multiple stakeholders but also has the ability to individually contribute to work products when required.